2021年3月17日 星期三

4U U4

 

All I have to do is dream.

All: S

is : V

n. clause: I have to do

All (that) I have to do

is dream.

 

I strongly hope that you will

carry out your dream into reality/practice.

May your dream come true.

 

All that you have to do is dream.

All (that) you have to do is dream.

What you have to do is dream.

What you said was true yesterday.

 

The cake is easy (: simple) to make.

It is easy for you to make a cake.

All (that) (you have to do) is (to) follow

(: abide by/observe/obey/keep/live up to)

these three steps.

ð  All (that) (you have to do) is (to) follow

ð  All you have to do is follow…

ð  What you have to is follow…

 

an applicant

apply for a job

apply to a school

All (that) (you need to do)

ð  What you need to do

is (to) sign (簽約) this contract (: compact),

and____(then/than/in turn  adv.)

you’re officially (: formally)

hired (: taken on/employed).

 

All (that)

What MT needed to

was open up.

 

Although…, …

…though…

Though…, …

While…, …

As…, …

Despite the fact that …, …

In spite of the fact that …

While I was taking a shower at eight o’clock,

I heard the phone ringing/ring.

ð  While taking a shower last night,

I heard the phone ringing/ring.

 

 

cf.

contest: contend/compete

  competition

contract: agreement/compact

in /by contrast:

in comparison with

compass: 指南針

compact

process knowledge