2021年4月17日 星期六

高一重補修

 

高一重補修 4/17 13:10-14:50 (break: 15 minutes)

壹.  了解對等連接詞

(一)…, f__ …=> Sentence 1, for 表示推論的因為 Sentence 2.

 

Three classmates of ours are not here, for

they took personal/sick/public leave today.

(cf. compare

 … because …

 Because I know (s)he had a runny nose,

 (s)he is not here)

 

()…, a__…=> Sentence 1, and 而且: 同一個主題的延伸 Sentence 2.

 

Ex. My father is calm and fair.

My father is a lawyer, and (而且) he is calm and fair.

ð  My father is a lawyer; besides, he is calm and fair.

 

()…, n__…=> Sentence 1, nor (也不: and neither) Sentence 2.

 

Ex. My mother cannot swim, and I can’t, either.

   My mother can’t swim, and neither can I.

   My mother can’t swim, nor (也不) can I.

(否定副詞 seldom/hardly/neither/not…放句首,

句子要倒裝, 所謂倒裝, 就是像改疑問句一樣,

要把助動詞can/do/have/has/had/did/might/could/would

be-V 放在主詞的左邊left)

Joan, I will not be late for the class next time,

___(neither/nor) ___ (will/won’t) George.

 

()……=> Sentence 1, but Sentence 2.

Although he is rich, (yet) he is not happy.

He is rich, but he is not happy.

He is not happy though he is rich.

Although…, …

…though…

 

() …, o__...=> Sentence 1, or (否則) Sentence 2.

Hurry up, ___(for/and/nor/but/or/yet/so)

 you will be late for the class.

(You) Hurry up; otherwise, you’ll be late for the class.

() …, y__...=> Sentence 1, yet (: but) Sentence 2

Though he is rich, (yet) he is not happy.

Although he is rich, yet he is not happy.

He is rich, but he is not happy.

Rich as he is, he is not happy.

Rich person as (: though) he is, he is unhappy.

 

() Sentence 1, so (所以) Sentence 2.

Because he fell (fall )sick,

he didn’t come here on time.

He didn’t come here punctually because he was sick.

He fell(: was) sick, so he didn’t come here punctually.

 

Note:

…, fanboys … .

Acronym

Ex. WTO stands for World Trade Organization.

Ex. WHO represents World Health Organization.

 

貳.  了解對等連接詞和副詞不同

…,fanboys…

…; adv., …

 

參.  了解逗點 “,” 不是連接詞

肆.  了解前分號 “;”-semicolon 後逗點 “,” 轉折副詞 adv. (-ly) 放中間

…; 轉折副詞, …

My father is nice, and my mother is kind, too.

My father is nice; besides, my mother is kind as well.

 

He is late for school, so I call him up.

He is late for school; therefore (: thus/hence), I call him up.

Hurry up, or you’ll be late for school.

You hurry up; otherwise, you’ll be late for school.

 

伍.   

 

五頁講義會唸子母音; 下次問動詞變化

上網用線上字典Cambridge Online Dictionary

劍橋字典

 

1.      重音是高音

Do So Do

So Do Do

Do Do So

2.      母音17個要會唸

3.      對等連接詞Dot Dot Dot Comma FANBOYS Dot Dot Dot Period

4.      There be-V There Be-V There Be-V Be-V Be-V 有有有; 存在的有

am/is/are/was/were/has been/had been/have been

Joan, there ____(has been/have been/has had/have had)

 twenty classmates in the classroom now/at present.

There are fifteen members in my family, including Uncle.

There have been 15 members in my family, Uncle included.

George, before I came here,

I had been scolded (scold) by Mom.

She must have understood me,

so I had better communicate with her later.

The ground is wet.

It must have rained last night.

 

5.      nothing more than

nothing but

only

merely

simply

just

6.      /教室///一座//牆上/的時鐘/

(slash)

There is only one clock

on the wall in the classroom.

(A)   nearly 

(B)   rarely: seldom  

(C) scarcely: hardly/rarely/barely 

(D) merely

(A)   exclusively

(B) simultaneously: at the same time

(C) approximately: about/roughly

(D) simply

(E) immediately

7.      Because you look mature, you must be 63 years old.

You look mature, so you must be 63 years old.

 

Andy is one of the ____(victim/victims)

in the bombing/explosion.