2021年4月22日 星期四

Review

 

U9-1 & U9-2

I have been to Japan two times.

I have been to Japan two years before.

I have pens two times (: twice) as much as you do.

I am much/far/still/even/a lot/a little bit

three times elder than all of you (are).

I am elder than you (are)

by 36 years or so.

 

trouble/perplex/confuse/bewilder/puzzle

 

-scribe  v. => -iption

1. prescribe  v.

ð  prescription

2. describe: depict

ð  description/depiction

3. inscribe 題刻字於木頭石頭上

ð  inscription

4. subscribe 訂閱; 署名

ð  subscription

 

  serve

  reserve: book

  preserved fruit

  conserve natural resources

 

  A   cause (造成; 導致)   B

  A give/gave/given rise to B

  A result in B

  A lead/led/led to B

  A contribute to B

Ex.  Careless (: Reckless) driving (A)

results in

(: causes/leads to/

brings about/gives rise to/contributes to)

car accidents (B).