2021年4月25日 星期日

高一重補修

 

1.      Fanboys: Acronym

…, for (______) …

…, and (_____) …

…, nor (_____)…

…, but (_____)

…, or (____; ____)…

…, yet (: but; ____)…

…, so (: …; therefore/thus/hence, …)

2.      Adv. Adv.

Adv. V.

Adv. Adj.

3.      nothing more than

nothing but

only

merely

simply

just

adv.

;

4.      there be there be there be be be

有有有; 存在的有

Be-V: am/is/are/was/were

     has been/have been/had been

5.      母子配對:

(1)   母音有17; 母音找Left 的音, 念一音, 拼音

(2)   子音[ m ] [ n] [ l ] [ r]  

母音前(Left)的音

  man:

  nurse

  long

  red

母音後(Right)的音chair  R尾音

                      L 尾音

                      M尾音

                      N尾音

(3)   母音沒找到, 母音自己唸; 子音若沒被找到, 就自己唸

6.      一個母音, 一個音節, 沒有重音符號

7.      重音是高音; Do Rei Me Fa So, So

8.      常見重音的類型有3: Do So Do; Do Do So; So Do Do!

 

A-A-A  a-a-a  apple

B-B-B  b-b-b  bat; book

C-C-C-  c-c-c  cat  [k]

D-D-D-  d-d-d desk 

E-E-E   e-e-e   egg

 

B1U1

1.      perfect   adj.

2.      awesome  adj. bravo/neat/cool/wonderful

3.      reflection  n.   mirror

4.      mean     adj.  惡劣的  v.

(S)He is so mean that

(s)he treated a seven-year-old boy in a cruel way.

5.      ruin       v.  destruct

cf.

rain

rein: 繩子

  reinforce: 加強

6.      fortunately   adv.

fortune

      -ate-

      -ly

fortunately

expect-ation

expectation: hope

anticipation: hope

A car is a means of transportation.

It plays an important role/part in heavy traffic.

implementation

 

except-ion

……

7.      rest   v. n.

I have eaten most of the food.

I have left the rest of (: the remining part of)

the food to my elder brother.

 

rest in

Birds rest on the branches.

8.      certainly  adv.

 

9.      reply    n. v.  (to)

 

 

10.  wake /woke up   v.

11.  let out    v.

12.  go well

13.  go well

14.  behind one’s back

15.  freshman   n.

16.  zit  n.

17.  alien  n.

18.  spaceship  spacecraft   n.

19.  IT girl: a girl goes after fashion

20.  surprise: v. n.   

To (; ) my great surprise (n.),

(s)he made progress in English.

21. pause/stop/cease/halt

Memory

21.  care about: 在乎

concern about

worry about

22.  nothing more than

nothing but

only

merely

simply

just  adv.

 

Cf.

just/adj./impartial/fair

23.   carefree

(1.3) the next day

 

(1.1)         I still (adv.) remember

the night before

my first day of high school. 

(1.2)         I wanted (: longed/desired) to

be (be-V) perfect (adj.) on that first day.

(1.3)         After …, …

After everything was (: be-V單動)

ready (:  adj. well-prepared/all set)

for

the next (: following) day

(過去時間的隔天),  

I ___ (happy/happily/happiness)

___ (go/went/gone) to bed.

 

(2.1) When…, …

When I ___ (wake/woke) up

 the next (: following) morning,

I was very ____ (excite/excited/exciting)

(2.2) “Today is going (: about) to

be awesome (: wonderful/neat/cool/

fantastic/fabulous/superb)

I thought to myself.

(2.3) However/Yet/Still (不過; 可是; 但是),

when I ___ (see/saw/seen)

my ___ (reflect/reflective/reflection)

in the mirror,

I let out a cry (n.叫聲).

(2.4) There ___ (is/was/has)

was a zit (: pimple) right (adv.剛好地)

on (the surface of) my nose.

 

(3.1) I was really

(: rather/quite/considerably/pretty)

___(set up/upset/upseted).

 

The father and the son look alike.

They resemble (: is like/look like) each other.

The father is like the son.

 

(3.2)

The zit (: pimple) was like ()

the work (作品) of mean little aliens. 

 

(3.3) They landed (降落)

their red spaceship right (adv.剛好地)

on my nose to (: so as to; in order to)

____ (rain/rein/ruin: destruct/destroy)

my first day of high school!

 

(3.4) I wanted (: longed/desired)

people at school

to know me as the “freshman IT girl,”

but now they would just know me as the “freshman ZIT girl!” 

 

(3.5) I thought (that)

it was the end (末日)of the world!

 

must have V-pp

對於過去百分百肯定推測

The girl must have felt upset

about her little zit.

Nowadays, we run short of water.

Today, I saw the ground was wet.

It must have rained last night.

 

(4.1) ___ (Fortune/Fortunely/Fortunately),

the day ___ (went/gone) well (: smoothly),

and no one said ___

(something/anything/nothing)

about my funny (: ridiculous) zit.

 

(4.2) But (: However/Yet/Still,) for

the rest (: remaining part) of the year,

I ___ (think/thought)(that)

 everyone would ___ (certain/certainly)

talk about it every day behind my back (背後).

Don’t speak ills of others

behind their backs.

 

(5.1) The next (: following) year,

on my first day in eleventh grade,

I didn’t get ___ (some/any/no)

trouble (n.) from those little aliens. 

(5.2) I said to my best friend,

“This is a

much (: far/still/even/a lot/a little/ a bit)

___ (good/better/best) way (: method) to

Start the year!”

(6.1)

“I don’t understand,”

she replied (: answered/responded).

(6.2)

  I pointed at my nose and shouted,

  “Did you all talk about my huge (: very large)

  Zipt on the first day of school last year?”

(7.1)

To my (great) surprise, she said,

“Certainly not, but you must (: have to)

remember my ugly haircut.

(7.2)

I paused (: halted/stopped) and then (: in turn) said, “No, I don’t.”

(8.1)

I finally understood something really important.

(8.2)

Most people only care about their own problems  and no time to think about others.

(9.1)

The zit story is nothing but a funny memory now.

(9.2) I taught me to be more carefree  and also to wash my face also to wash my face more often.


3.4

4.1

8.2

9.2