2020年9月4日 星期五

A302

 

We should (: are supposed to/ought to)

take some measures (: actions)

(in order/so as ) to fight against air pollution.

= with a view to/

with an eye to/

for the purpose of

fighting against air pollution.

 

We mustn’t administer the organization

by force (: violence).

You mustn’t smoke inside the room.

I am against your plan.

I hit against the door.  It hurts.

I bumped into the door.  It hurts.

 

He is one of

our school’s representatives

for the competition.

In other words (: That is to say),

he will stand for (: represent)

our school

to take part in (: participate in)

the competition.

The national flag stands for (: represents)

our country.

I love the flag, so I love our country.

I suggested him that he (should) sleep well.

I advised him that he sleep well.

He insisted (that) he (should) go outside

during the typhoon. (堅持)

He ordered (: commanded)

 that the troop should dismiss.

It is the thought that counts.

 

When it comes to air pollution,

Speaking of air pollution,

we cannot emphasize it too much.

attitude/appetite/altitude/aptitude

environment > surroundings > circumstances

I love the place because it is my hometown.

Therefore/Hence/Thus,

I am familiar with the place.

(= The place is familiar to me.)

obey

obedient

obedience

abandon/desert/give up on

confuse/perplex/trouble/

puzzle/bewilder

 

Be well-prepared for

the upcoming quiz and exam

in advance (: beforehand/previously).

tradition/convention

convention > conference > meeting

assembly

one-of-a-kind = unique