2020年9月7日 星期一

CS302

 

Playing video games too long

is a waste of time.

(S + Vi. +S.C.)

 

Are you available? / Are you free?

Do you have time?

May I have a talk (: chat) with you?


Are you shy (: reserved/conscious)?

Joan, do you like my _____ (shyness)?

You like my shyness, _____(don’t) you?

 

Safety is our first/major/main concern, isn’t it?

 

We should take some measures (: actions 措施)

(so as) to fight against air pollution.

 

He/She worked hard to memorize words,

 so (s)he scored high.

ð  He/She worked hard to memorize words;

therefore, (s)he scored high.

ð  …; thus, …

ð  …; hence, …

ð  …; as a result, …

 

memorize: learn … by heart

         keep …in mind

         bear (: bore/born)… in mind

         put… in mind.

I will take it into consideration.

I will take it into account. 我會考慮